DEPARTMENT OF HOME AFFAIRS Complaint
Waiting for ID since 11/11/2014 - ID document
On the 11th of November 2014 I visited the Home Affairs office in Krugerdorp to apply for a new passport. I was informed by the officials that my ID number has been blocked. On further request I was informed that my ID number duplicated.
Home Affairs Office in Sasolburg had switched my finger prints with my sisters. She is 15 months older than me.
She married and when she applied for a surname change Home Affairs then picked up that the finger prints on her ID was wrong. Home Affairs then proceeded in blocking my ID number.
I reapplied for an ID on the 11th of November 2014 at Home Affairs in Krugersdorp, I was promised it will take 3 months to resolve.
After no contact from Home Affairs made a follow up on the 18th of February 2016. I was told my application was lost and I had to resubmit paper work.
I visited the Home Affairs office in Krugerdorp again to complete the paper work on the 29th February 2016. I was showed away because I did not have my parents ID documents. I did not need them when I first applied.
In July of 2016 I resubmitted the requested paper work. Again I was promised it would take 3 months.
In November 2016 I followed up again with no luck. January 2017 I was told I had to revisit the Home Affairs off to tell them that my sisters kids where not mine. At this time I was 8 months pregnant. I was forced to stand in the que and waited over 3 hours before I was help. How inhumane is that? I had to phone Home Affairs head office from my personal phone so that head office could explain what was needed because nobody was able to assist.
I followed up again with the call centre in February 2017 and was told that I have to visit the Home Affairs office in Krugersdorp to explain to them that my sister kids are not mine. After speaking with the supervisor I tried to explain I had done that already.
It was shocking to discover that since my visit to the Krugersdorp office nothing has been done. I was also then informed I cannot register my soon to be born baby.
It is April now and Clayon has been born.
Now I cannot claim Maternity benefits because I cannot get a birth certificate for baby. I also cannot put him on medical aid.
I need to know when I can have an ID.
It is a basic human right.
CONTACT THIS BUSINESS
BUSINESSES REPLY HERE
More DEPARTMENT OF HOME AFFAIRS reviews
- IDENTITY DOCUMENT
- UNABRIDGED BIRTH CERTIFICATE
- Home Affairs Failure
- 9 months for Birth certificate
- miss Antwanette Kriek
- ID APPLICATION
- Marriage register updates
- Department of Home Affairs, unabridged marriage certificate
- VERY POOR SERVICE FOR TAX PAYING CITIZENS.
- NO DELIVERY VAULT MARRIAGE
- Taking their time Updating My Status
- 11 months and still waiting...
- ID Book
- 3 Years for an unabridged birth certificate
- Bad Service
- Appalling service at prospecton (Durban) home affairs
- bad feedback and waiting time
- mobile complaint
- bed experience
- ID Document Has taken longer than 5 months
- LivingSocial case #16509527
- Next Available appt. 08-29-2014 . Called for serice 08/18/2014
- Waiting for unabridged birth certificate for almost 6 months
- Item never recieved
- Never apply for Bank of America home loan
- BAD SERVICES NO MORE TRUST AND NO MORE DUE WITH THIS WEB
- Windstream DSL
- Terrible Service and Delivery
- Still no sunglasses!
How It Works
COMPLAINTS RESOLVEDThousands of Businesses of all sizes and millions of customers use MeasuredUp
It's free and easy to put MeasuredUp to work for you